Labels

Friday, September 9, 2016

Weather On the Eights

I hope you all had a lovely Labor Day weekend.  I had two of the three days off work, including Saturday!  Because I didn't have to be up before the sun the next day, on Friday night Taylor and I decided to go hear Dad play music at this place called Stovalls.  We sat at the bar, drank a few beers, and watched the country dancers.  The rest of the weekend was also fun; a family Kaldi's trip, the continued apartment search (to no avail), and a big dinner with the Grandma's.


Excluding the last week (mid-90s!), it really is starting to feel more like Fall.  The mornings have been cooler, it's getting darker earlier at night, and all the stores have their cozy autumn selections out.  I just did a major closet clean-out and have four bags of clothes, shoes, and accessories that I don't wear enough to merit keeping that I will donate to my favorite thrift store, Savers.  I'll get a nice little coupon for doing so, and then I can refill some of that open space!


I think I'm ready for a little cooler weather.   My Starbucks uniform of jeans and a button-up shirt will be much more comfortable in lower temperatures, and schoolwork is much less daunting when it's not as fun to be outside in the sun; but what I'm really looking forward to is wearing ankle boots again!


And here we are at another weekend.  For the second week in a row, I'm off work on a Friday and Saturday!  It's supposed to rain all day today, which means cooler weather the next week or so.  We're planning on going to the Clayton Art Fair tomorrow.  We went last year and saw some great artwork. It's more traditional art rather than crafty art, and it's fun to go over to the more upscale area of St. Louis known as Clayton.  Hope you all have some fun weekend plans as well!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment