Labels

Monday, September 26, 2016

Thirty Days Has September, April, June, and November

This is the last week of September, already.  Now we just need some of that chillier Fall weather to kick in, then maybe it'll make the time feel like it's slowing down.  This last week was a busy one; we had a couple days of rain, I had to go into work during my off time to do some online training, I worked on a few little homework assignments,  and did some other mundane workweek things.  I bought some pumpkin ale to celebrate the official first day of Fall.  Schlafly's version seems to be a bit sweet this year so it's more like a dessert beer.  I probably won't get it again.


I ordered a ZTA sticker for the back of my car so I can tell it apart from all the other little navy blue sedans that look like mine.  Ahhh, sorority girl nostalgia.


This past weekend my Uncle Paul was in town for Nana's birthday.  We all went to Dewey's on Saturday then headed over to Debby's for a little after-party on the patio, which was quite fun.  Then last night we went to a steakhouse called Citizen Kane's for the official birthday dinner.  I went for the seafood option of Shrimp Scampi rather than a giant steak, and it was delicious.  But the desserts were the highlight.  We ordered a few to pass around the table including cheesecake, chocolate chip cheesecake, and a layered chocolate cake.  All were doused in whipped cream and were extremely good.  And afterwards we were all so full and tired that we went straight home to bed!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment