Labels

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sapin de Noël

Christmas is now only a week away!  Are you all ready?  I've found gifts for most everyone on my list, now I just have to find time to wrap them.  I did put up my 21st century style Christmas tree in my apartment though.


Look Ma, no tree!  You may remember I did a similar one in Nashville, but I added some blue ornaments to this year's version.  I think it really adds that final holiday touch, don't you?

We trimmed the homestead tree as well.


We kept up the tradition of white lights outside, colored lights inside, and placed all the favorite ornaments in prominent spots.  It's always fun to get out the really old ones, and especially the collection of handmade ones from our elementary school years.

I also started another apartment project that's been on the docket for a while now.  One of my Mom's friends had some extra fabric after a project she was working on and it ended up in my possession.  I thought the cute grey and white arrow design would be perfect as a cover for these two bonus chairs we found at a thrift store.


Since sewing it seemed a little complicated, I decided to pull out the old glue gun.  I think they turned out pretty well, even though cloth-crafting isn't really my thing.  I need to get wrapping presents, the space under my tree looks a little lonely!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment