Labels

Friday, December 2, 2016

Going Beyond the Information Given

Happy December, everyone!  It's been a busy last couple weeks.  The Sunday before Thanksgiving we had the Grandma's over for a Thanksgiving warm-up dinner, complete with turkey and pumpkin pie!


And then the real Thanksgiving came.  My favorite, the sweet potatoes, did not disappoint, and there was lots of merry drinking and pie-eating.  It was fun to catch up with the family, all of whom were in town except for Andrew.  Taylor and I unveiled our many memberships (YPEC - Young Picky Eaters Club, YCC - Young Curmudgeon's Club, and the MQAA - Movie Quote Appreciation Association) and the cousins were all fascinated.


After a peaceful, turkey triptophan-induced sleep, I worked a nine-hour shift the following day.  Afterwards, I went to Target to figure out my wifi router issues and was pleasantly surprised.  Because it was the latter half of Black Friday, I expected it to still be extremely crowded but I was determined to figure out my wifi.  They gave me a full refund on the router even though it was opened and used, and I found a (hopefully) good replacement.  I also ended up buying a tv!



I just couldn't resist those Black Friday deals.  The rest of the items in the cart are all the necessary accessories: a Roku streaming stick (for Netflix and other channels), a DVD player, and the new wifi router.  Taylor came over to help me set everything up, and I have to say, it works beautifully.  For the inaugural viewing we chose an old favorite: A Knight's Tale.  And there you have it; another big apartment item knocked off the list!

(photos by e.hunt, and g.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment