Labels

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nautical Sunblazers

Now that I (can) wear heels almost everyday (without killing my feet), I've made some observations while out and about beyond the office setting, like at a coffeeshop or the grocery store.  People treat you differently, like you're on an important mission, like you have somewhere to be.  Like, you've paid your dues and you've made it.  You've got your life together.  That's what I always thought when I saw ladies in a 9-5 uniform, their heels clicking away.  Yes, girl power!
An interesting side note, the ones that I'm wearing below were much harder to get used to walking in than my lace-up oxfords.  The first day I wore them, my heels kept slipping out.  Embarrassing.  It even happened when I was walking next to my boss, which I recovered with a laugh and "Woah flat tire" comment.  I can never escape my awkwardness.
PS.  This dress is from Paris.






(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment