Labels

Monday, August 12, 2013

Grandly Saying, Cautiously Meaning

It's been a while since the last Do It Youself, but this one took a while to do, so if you look at it according to Newton's First Law of Physics, an object (the blog) will stay at rest (posts of non-diy-related posts) until acted upon by an outside force (the finishing of a project).  Sorry, I've spent all morning calculating and checking numbers so I'm in a math mood.  By the way, this is my first post from the office!

Anyway, this stately grey Anthropologie dress was a gift from my Mom when I graduated high school.  Funny enough, the lace napkin/doily thing was also a Mom gift after she found it at an antique store.  I took the lace, pinned it to the sleeve so it would stay in the proper place, and began sewing.  It was so intricate and detailed that it had to be hand-sewn, and I put hours and hours into doing just that.  After both sleeves were finished, I took a pair of scissors to the grey part so that the lace would be the edging.  Adds a bit of much-needed ornateness.





(photos by e.hunt)

2 comments:

  1. So happy you FINALLY finished this DIY - well worth the time by the looks of it!! Love the sepia tone shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sewing (which took FOREVER) turned out pretty good I think. We'll see over time though haha

      Delete