Labels

Friday, August 23, 2013

And Baby, We'll Rule

But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom.
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room.
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your time piece,
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair.

And we'll never be royals.
It don't run in our blood, that kind of luxe just ain't for us.
We crave a different kind of buzz.
Let me be your ruler,
you can call me Queen Bee,
and baby, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule.
Let me live that fantasy.

-Royals, Lorde

Missing my college friends today.  This song seemed like we were: on top of the world no matter what was going on, having fun no matter what the surroundings.  We didn't need anything fancy, just our friends.

Whether it was making weird, Spiderman-like poses


Acting out famous SNL skits 


 Stumbling on photos a few days later that you forgot were taken


Making fraternity-themed gingerbread houses


Trying to start a dance party


Actually being part of a dance party


Really getting into a dance party


Inventing a dance move at the dance party


Or watching a friend have a dance party on your bed


while doing this...


we were, in general, just really awesome and never had a care in the world.


(photos by s.harris, a.baker, n.williams, fellow dancers, e.gerhardt, and b.hall)

No comments:

Post a Comment