Monday, April 11, 2016

To Be Totally In the Moment

What a busy weekend!  We had a full house here from Friday night to this morning.  Andrew and Juliana came in from Nashville for a wedding, and Taylor came home from KU to join the festivities. We figured out that it's been a year and a half since we were all home at the same time.  On Friday night, Mom and I went up to Schlafly to hear Dad play music, and that was where the Nashville folks met us for the last few songs.  Taylor would have gotten there too late so he just met us back at the house.  After a brief catch-up we all went to bed.

The next morning I had to work so I missed out on the traditional family trip to Kaldi's for morning coffee.  It was ok though because us kids ended up going the next day while Mom and Dad were grocery shopping.  That afternoon we hosted an extended family get-together to which everyone came.  It was a bit last minute so we were surprised at the attendance rate, but it was quite fun.  I had just seen everyone a couple weeks ago at Easter brunch but they were all excited to see Andrew and Taylor.  It's not often that we're all together at once, especially on a non-holiday-or-birthday occasion.

After everyone left and it was all cleaned up, most of us were exhausted and had short naps before heading down to Dewey's for a late pizza and salad.  Juliana had never been so we had to introduce her to the favorite.  On the way home we stopped to rent the so-called "new" Star Wars movie.  We are all pretty against this new version of A New Hope, but felt that it was necessary to see it again and reaffirm our opinions.  While Andrew and Dad were on the fence of liking it, Taylor and I held staunch in our beliefs that while well-done, it is not a good movie at all and a disgrace to the Star Wars name.  

And then this morning everyone packed up and left.  Taylor and I were going to go to Kaldi's so while waiting for him to get ready, I decided to make a cup of Keurig coffee, only to find out that someone broke it before leaving!  This led to Dad, Taylor, and I taking pretty much the whole thing apart (which was quite a process), cleaning the water hose out, and then putting it back together.  When it was back up and running I finally got to have my pre-coffee coffee!

(photos by e.hunt, and collected from images-cdn.moviepilot)

No comments:

Post a Comment