Labels

Friday, March 4, 2016

Ahhhhh Weekends

Last weekend was a busy one, so I'm looking forward to just working, homework, and hanging out this weekend.  I got a new pair of running shoes today so I might start breaking those in as well.

Back to last weekend, on Friday I made a trip down to Springfield.  It had been about three months since my last trip down, and two months since returning from my last travels, so I figured it was time to get out of town for a night.  I didn't have any plans, so I arrived late afternoon and went to The Mudhouse for a while before meeting up with an old friend at The Mudlounge, which is the alcoholic version of The Mudhouse.  After my regular coffee at The Mudhouse, an Irish coffee at the Mudlounge sounded quite lovely.


We ended up staying there for the rest of the night, with my friend Hannah meeting up with us after she got out of a concert.  It was a fun, low-key way to catch up with friends, and it was nice to get out of St. Louis for an evening.

After driving back the next day, and a much needed nap, my Mom and I went out to Maggiano's for pasta with Nana and my Aunt and Uncle, who was visiting for a few days.  We ordered my favorite, zucchini!


And continuing in the when-family-is-in-town tradition, we just never stopped eating good food.  The next night Dad made his famous guacamole and barbecued something delicious.  And look, more zucchini!!



(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment