1. Coffeeshop Outfits. There's something about layered Fall outfits that lend themselves to the coffeeshop vibe. Nothing goes better with a warm mocha than leggings, sweaters, scarves, and maybe a hat. Well, except a mocha muffin, of course.
2. Colorful Leaves. Trees are awesome, and after all, when the leaves start getting crisp and turning to gold or red, it really means that autumn has arrived. It is scientifically impossible for them not to change, and for that we are lucky.
3. Boots. Time to put away the gladiators and bust out the ankle boots. Comfy and cute, they are the perfect way to make an outfit more sharp, while also not looking like you're trying too hard. And you get to wear colorfully printed tall socks!
4. Holidays are Coming. That first brisk day means one thing: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are closer than ever. It's time to start thinking of creative costumes and gift ideas, and get ready for the bombardment of premature seasonal aisles at every store you go to from now until the new year.
5. Cold Weather Foods. Like chili, soup, and hot cocoa -- yum! We had the first chili of the season last night, and it was absolutely delicious. The Scrimshaw pilsner was pretty good too.
(photos by e.hunt, and e.gerhardt)