Labels

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Where Fascinations Lie

I'm wanting to switch up my walls again in my room.  The pictures are nice, but they're getting kindof boring.  I started brainstorming what the new theme should be when I thought, something a little more 3d would be interesting.  Like these.





But then I realized, I don't have a collection to display!  I used to collect these cool wood boxes: I would get a new one each year we went to Destin.  I went through all of the childhood collection phases such as Beanie Babies and other stuffed animals, legos/playmobil/action figures, and baseball cards.  None of which I would want to display now, however.  I think that's the main thing of it, what makes people want to collect something?  My Mom collects glass jars, my old roommate collected scarves, and my current roommate collects plants.  I've never really liked one certain thing so much that I look for it in different variations.  I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for something cool to start collecting at the next flea market.

(photos collected from en.housedoctor, altfordamerne, and pinterest)

4 comments:

  1. I like your line of thought...would be fun to have something you want to collect! (You might display your 2 Xmas paperweights, yes?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are already displayed! Paperweight collection is a good idea though.

      Delete
  2. Display seashells, sand dollars, starfish, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll start a collection of all of those haha!

      Delete