Labels

Monday, November 11, 2013

We Become What We Think About

My new goal: Find a wealthy Nashvillian who has enough disposable money to invest in a start-up.  I've got a few ideas.

1.  A coffeeshop that serves the regular coffeeshop fare, but also has alcoholic versions, and serves beer.  My favorite cofeeshop, The Mudhouse, had a sister store just down the block that was exactly this.  Not really a coffeeshop, but not really a bar.  I think East Nash would be very open to this idea, what with it being so hipster and all.


2.  An art supply store/gallery/hang-out/place for educational art classes.  For those people who just love art, but aren't willing to dedicate their life to it.  Inspired by my first (and favorite) job I've ever had, we could teach low-key art skills or art history/culture classes on evenings and weekends, have a studio section for people who want to create but don't want the mess, and of course, a retail section of the finest yet affordable supplies.  I made two of the letters in this photo.


3.  A used book, magazine, and movies shop.  A little Half-Price Books, a little library, and a little Video Update (remember this gem, St. Louis folks?), you could come and get all your classic entertainment needs taken care of.  This idea would probably expand to include music product as well.  I mean, this is Nashville we're talking about.  Imagine this picture is not as blurry, and says Video Update instead of First Watch.


(photos collected from googleimages)

1 comment: