Labels

Sunday, November 17, 2013

From Calm to Volatile in One Split Second

I got stung by a bee today, in a way that I thought only happened on cartoon shows.  Yes, I got stung by a bee by sitting on it.  Here's what happened: I was heading out for the day and sat down in my car and felt a stinging prick on the back of my right leg, right above my knee.  I lifted up my leg, wondering what was on my seat that was the culprit, when a bee the size of a quarter and a half started crawling up from underneath my leg.  I, being the complete opposite of a bug enthusiast, started freaking out while moving as slowly as I could out of the car.  At that point I knew that it had stung me (through my jeans, mind you) and my leg was in burning pain, but the damn thing wouldn't fly away!  After standing there for a minute yelling at it and trying to make it go away, without breaking the cardinal rule of 'If you don't bother it, it won't bother you,' I thought maybe I could brush it off in a gentle enough movement that it wouldn't come in for a second attack.  After getting over the fact that I might touch it, I tried the tactic, and it turned out to be successful.  I then proceeded to limp inside and check it out to make sure I wasn't having an allergic reaction or anything.  I hadn't been stung by a stinging bug since I was about eight years old, so it was possible.  Luckily, I'm still alive, and from now on I will be brushing off the backs of my legs before getting in the car.


(photo collected from diydreamer)

1 comment: