Labels

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of a Moment Until It Becomes a Memory

Happy International Women's Day, friends!  As I did last year, I'm wearing red to honor all the awesome ladies out there.  I am lucky to have many inspiring ladies in my life: first off, my Mom, who is one of my best friends.  I feel so fortunate to be able to come to her with anything, not to mention we just have a lot of fun when we're together.


My best friend Kaitlin and I live in different cities now but talk every few weeks or so.  She and I are very opposite in many ways but get along famously.  She is always supportive and we can talk about anything with each other, no judgement and no holds barred.


Together, with my Aunt Debby, who reminds me to not always take things so seriously, we make the perfect travel team.  Here we all are in Greece, enjoying our daily afternoon gelato treat.


Both of my Grandmas, who have wildly different personalities, inspire me in a creative and professional sense.  My Mom's Mom, Nana, always had work selling her paintings, needlepoint samplers, and other craft items.  My Dad's Mom worked in the high-end fashion retail industry for years.  Both traveled extensively with their husbands, and even took their kids and grandkids with them on occasion, much to our delight.  A few years ago Mom and I got to travel with both of them to Santa Fe.


And my many other good friends I've had throughout the last fifteen years or so.  Our friends shape us in a lot of ways and I've been fortunate to have some great influences through high school, college, and family.  Some I've lost touch with over the years and others I still see every once in a while.  They all were significant in my life and I appreciate their friendship.





So I guess the theme of this post is that women need to support and believe other women, and we can be unstoppable.  Appreciate your friendships, past and present, and listen and learn from the women around you, because we are awesome and we deserve it.  Happy International Women's Day!

(photos by e.hunt, k.horner, e.gerhardt, a Greek citizen, a Santa Fe citizen, s.harris, l.walton, j.hunt, and r.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment