Labels

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

This is Skywalker's Heir

Well, I spent the last week working on my costume for Comic Con, and that came and went over the weekend.  I reused several pieces from my Link costume, and added some new details.  Three Lord of the Rings actors were going to be in attendance, and I could barely contain my excitement to see them.  Andrew decided he wanted to join in the fun, and we figured, if we're going to go to one of these, we're going to go all out, and that included costumes!

We decided to combine our two favorites into crossover characters.  Can you guess which movies I'm talking about?


Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, of course!  I blended the two to be Leiagorn and Andrew was Lukeolas.  We had matching capes given to us by Galadriel and lightsabers to fight the storctroopers.  I also made Leia's blaster from A New Hope.



In the LOTR movies Aragorn wears Boromir's bracers to honor him after he dies, so I painted felt pieces for that.


The blade part of the lightsaber Andrew gave me a few years ago is a bit unwieldy, and difficult to put on and take off, so I used the inside of a tube of wrapping paper to create Aragorn's rare grey lightsaber, with the words from the reforged shards of Narsil, the blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hand many years ago.


This was the test run from the night before.  Stay tuned for the final look!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment