Labels

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Too Much Artwork, Not Enough Wall

My Mom was at an antique mall this weekend and spotted a beautiful folding screen with an even more beautiful Asian landscape across the four panels.  She texted me a picture of it seeing if she should buy it.

For twenty dollars?!!  Yes, ma'am!  Fast forward to yesterday, when I cleaned it up and figured out how to hang it.  It already had two screw-eye hooks on the back but it took a few trial and error ways of looping the string to make it work.


How calming and delightful!  I had to take down the two blue pieces that were there before.  One was a cool, collage-like color board I did for a class in college, and the other was this blue yoga lady with the wild hair that Mom made for my birthday a few years ago.  I decided to retire the collage for a while, but moved the blue lady into the living room.


Looks pretty good on the display wall with Taylor's photos and the watercolor print!  Now I just need to find/make a long, landscape piece to go underneath it.  What a problem to have!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment