Labels

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Under the Persistent Drizzle

The next day was rainy as well, so we went on another road trip, this time to Rosemary Beach.  It's a little further down the way than Seaside, but worth the drive.  We found it last year while driving to St. George Island: it's the planned European-looking community with all the awesome architecture!




It stopped raining for a bit so we walked out to the boardwalk and perused a few of the shops.  It's very inspiring walking around the little streets and alleyways.  It's clean, but lived-in, and the flora and fauna accentuates the amazing detail of the houses.



We made our way up the main cobblestone street and across 30a to the Parkside, an area that we did not get to explore last year.  Mom and Debby went to the shops while I explored the neighborhood.  Everywhere I looked was something beautiful enough for a picture.




It started sprinkling while I was out and about, but I didn't really think much of it because it was still a little squinty-sunny.  I should have though.  Not five minutes later, it started absolutely pouring.  Luckily, there were many overhangs and covered walkways that I could take cover under, but I still got soaked running from one to the next.  Mom and Debby had made their way back to the car before the downpour started so they were able to come pick me up from where I was.  Another rain day well spent!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment