Labels

Monday, November 2, 2015

Bringing The Ocarina of Time to Life

The plan for Halloween was that I would meet Mandy at her apartment to get ready and then we would go to a friend of hers' house party.  Rather than getting a large men's polo shirt for a tunic, I found this perfect dress.  Paired with a white turtleneck, a few belts, and my brown elf boots, I was looking pretty Link-like.




Before leaving, I found our old ocarina, which really took the costume to the next level.  Mom helped me finish everything up: taping the sword sheath to one of the belts, and helping attach a strap to the shield so I could wear it on my back.  She also whipped up the sock hat.


I was really happy with how it all came together.  I arrived at Mandy's and she was right in the middle of painting her costume.  She was a pop art character, and I ended up helping paint the POW! before we left for the party.  Both of our costumes were big hits, and I only wish I had gotten a picture with a guy who was dressed as another famous video game character, Donkey Kong.  Happy late Halloween!


(photos collected from comic.staticvine, and by r.hunt, and e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment