Labels

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Top-Notch Cutlery

Spent a little time updating my fashion book last night.  It's a collection of pictures I've ripped out of magazines and catalogues since high school, glued to blank pages in aesthetically pleasing ways, and organized by category (summer, winter, hair, etc).

My process usually follows the same pattern every time.  Once the stack of ripped pages is pretty substantial, I cut them down and lay them out in categories around the book so I can see them all.


After I find a page with some open space or start a new page, I tweak the cuts so it fits, or if it's a full-page picture I like to make it a little more visually interesting, like the ones below.




A lot of pages are done in the scrapbook effect, like these.



And once they're all in, I have a complete book of year-round inspiration at my fingertips.


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment