Labels

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Deeply Layered Awesome

Finally have my room all unpacked and set up in a way that suits me.  Mom brought down my big bed a couple weeks ago and I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that I am sleeping much better.  Man, that month on a single barrel bed was a rough one.
I moved my bookshelf (that Dad and I made when I was about twelve) to the opposite wall, and now stands as a base for a cool color scheme Zeta shrine of sorts.  Didn't really mean that to happen, but, the stained glass ZTA that Mom made me when I joined the sorority five short years ago leans against the wall in between a frame my Zeta little sister made, and a lamp my Nana gave me upon moving, which I repurposed in chevron fashion.
Moving on, to the left is my ongoing collection wall, which has been discussed in previous posts so I won't go into that.  And to the right is the beach mural, which again, has been discussed before, but let's do so again, shall we?  I love this thing; I love turning my light on in the morning and it's the first thing I see, I love that it takes up an entire wall, and I love that it is the centerpiece, the first thing you see when you walk in the door.  It's perfect.
Continuing to the right is my getting ready area where the dresser is covered with makeup, headbands, things that make you smell delightful, and my ever-growing collection of neckscarves, (much to my excitement!), Rounding the corner to the next wall you'll find my closet, shoe basket, and the old, easily-transportable, college staple wire module shelving, housing all of my art supplies and anything else that just didn't make sense in the other areas.
And the strawberry on top (I don't like cherries), we had a strong enough internet connection that I got to listen to Pandora radio the whole time!
And there you have it, a literary tour of my room.  But just in case you're more of a visual learner, here's some pictures, including our updated living room and kitchen.






(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment