Labels

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A Late Valentine's Greeting

 This post was meant for last week, but better now than never!  You know what they say: "heroes get remembered, but [love] never dies.  Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong."


Or something like that.  Ethan and I had a relatively low-key Valentine's celebration.  Nothing fancy, but a few little things to make it just a tad different than a usual Tuesday.  He got me flowers (notice the plate it's sitting on!) and a gift card wrapped in the tag that he finally pulled off the couch.  He's had this furniture for much longer than the 3.5 years that I've known him, during which I've subtly (and not so subtly) tried to get him to remove it, and last week was that day!  Might seem odd, but a very thoughtful and fun gift indeed.


I happened to be off work so my gift was a plant to replace the one I got him for our first Valentine's, and making the day as easy as possible when he got home from work.  Cleaning, Ollie care, trash detail, dinner in progress, putting up some twinkle lights and little cut out hearts to make it all a little festive... everything taken care of.  And we had weird-cool rainbow skies as a backdrop from a brief storm that passed through that afternoon, so all was good.  Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day as well!



(photos by e.hunt)


No comments:

Post a Comment