Labels

Friday, November 11, 2016

The Coffee District

Yesterday was the beginning of the Christmas season at Starbucks' everywhere.  That means Christmas merchandise, Christmas espresso, holiday decorations and pastries, red aprons, and of course, red cups.  Last year there was quite a controversy over how plain the red cups were without any illustrations or holiday imagery, but they used that to their advantage.  Customers started drawing their own designs on the blank red canvas, and Starbucks chose a number of them to feature on this year's red cups.  They're pretty neat.


We had a lot of disgruntled customers remark that it is too early for Christmas, but really, Thanksgiving is now less than two weeks away, and most stores started their holiday campaigns the day after Halloween, so Starbucks is actually late!  I also happen to think that a little Christmas cheer could do us all some good after Tuesday's events.

Even though it's still in the high 50s-low 60s outside, I played some Christmas music while dying my hair yesterday.  A little Frank, Dean, and Bing was all I needed to improve my mood.  And because our store is packed with Christmas coffee now, I used my free weekly pound of coffee to get some Christmas Blend instant packets!


(photos collected from Starbucks, and by e.hunt)

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment