Labels

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Day Dreamer, Night Thinker

Good morning, everyone!  I hope you all had a lovely week.  Mine was busy, as usual, but good.  I worked the last four days and because we are short on baristas, it was stressful every day.  We survived though, and I found out that our manager just hired three new people and is planning to hire three or four more.  Hopefully I won't be working 30-35 hour weeks every week anymore, although once the semester is over I can work that much through the holidays, so we'll see.  More people is definitely a good thing, but it will be tough because this is kindof late to start training people for holiday madness (I was hired for the holiday but I started training the beginning of October!), but any and all extra bodies will be so helpful.  Come on in and enjoy a festive latte!


School was boring this week, and the homework never ends, but I've found that if I do a little bit every day or every other day (some days I just don't want to look at a textbook!) it is easier to stay on top of everything.  There's only five weeks left!

Speaking of five weeks left of school, that means there's only seven weeks left until Christmas!  Time to start brainstorming gift ideas!  I think I'm going to hang paper snowflakes from my ceiling as part of my Christmas decorations, and after Thanksgiving I'm planning on getting a little Christmas tree so the apartment will smell like winter goodness.  Now all we need is for the weather to start acting like winter.  Or fall, at least!  


This is the first Saturday I've had off of work in a while (moving day didn't really count) and I am reveling in it.  I slept late, made some coffee, and have a full afternoon planned of errands, visiting Mom's first craft show, unpacking another box or two, and probably a little homework.  And tomorrow it's back to the opening, eight-hour shift grind.  Hope you all have some fun things planned for your weekend as well!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment