Labels

Friday, June 24, 2016

A Shiny Summer Day

Happy Friday everyone!  I was very lucky to have the day off work, so I am sitting here on my bed drinking coffee and catching up on blogs and Pinterest and such.  This is what summer days off are meant for.


Dad left for a tour yesterday and Mom is still in Europe, so Taylor and I are holding down the fort, as they say.  We decided to walk down to the local Mexican restaurant last night, Amigo's, for a margarita and some sort of taco dish.  It was delicious.


On the way home we stopped by Walgreens to rent the so-called new Star Wars movie.  He and I have been planning to watch it extremely critically before writing our extended review.  We want facts like how many bad jokes there are, how many times it self-awarely makes fun of itself, how many references it makes to A New Hope, etc.  So, with notebooks in hand, we got through thirty-five minutes of it (which took an hour and a half!).  We'll try to do another thirty to an hour tonight, I imagine, although I do have to open in the morning, so we'll see.


I'm not sure what I'll do today.  I might do a little vacuuming around the house, followed up by some shopping.  I've been eyeing a box hair dye in a nice, purple-red color.  The salon dye jobs are just too expensive to get every few months, and I already have too many little grey hairs to go much longer than that.  Sad, I know.  Maybe I'll go get my annual summer pedicure!  Ahhh, the possibilities of a day off work.  Stay cool this weekend!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment