Labels

Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Little Sleeping In, A Little Culture, and A Little Shopping

This last week I opened at work four days in a row and on the fifth day, I had to be there at 7am, which isn't too much better.  I was well on my way to becoming an actual, real-life zombie until today.  I didn't have to work at all!  That meant that last night I could stay downstairs and watch a movie!  Guess which one!


Lord of the Rings!  It truly is a beautiful thing to see on our sharp new tv.  Ahh, and since I'm off tomorrow too, disc two is on the docket for tonight!  I slept until much later than 6am today and then met up with a friend from work to go down to the history museum.  She had to go for a class and since I'm a history person, she thought I would make it more fun.




First we walked through the St. Louis in 1875 exhibit, which focused on maps and had some really nice graphic design-work going on.  After that we made our way over to the World's Fair section, which was also very well done.





And later this afternoon, Mom and I went to the mall for a little fall shopping.  We each got a new sweater, and I also found a pair of jeans and a dress in a really great, rich green color.  Yay for successful shopping trips!  Don't forget to look for the special eclipse tonight!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment