Labels

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sometimes, In the Middle of Nowhere

On Thursday I took advantage of the lovely, unseasonably warm afternoon and took a walk at Laumeier Sculpture Park.  First I made the rounds of the field, home to the most famous sculpture, The Big Red Thing.




After that I kept meandering down the plain to a new gazebo-like insect piece.




After that I rounded back towards the entrance, passing some delightful nature along the way.




Next was the forest trail.


There were a few sculptures nestled back in the woods as well, including this triangle bridge.  One side was glass that reflected the opposing viewpoint while the other was open.




Further down the trail was an abandoned Swiss Family Robinson set.





After exploring the wooden fortress for a while, I finished the rest of the loop and ended up back at my car to head home.  A delightful afternoon spent enjoying some non-conventional art in the outdoors.

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment