Labels

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Art Just Makes You Feel Better About Life

This weekend I continued my cultural tour of St. Louis, this time with Taylor, by taking a little trip down to Forest Park.  Our destination of choice was The Art Museum, but since it was such a lovely day, we stopped at a bench along the tree-lined path around Art Hill and The Grand Basin.




While sitting there, we each guessed how long it would take to run down the hill, touch the water, then run back up.  My bet was one minute, while Taylor guessed one minute and fifteen seconds.  Of course we had to see who was right, so Taylor took off down the hill while I started the stop watch.  Total time was one minute and twenty-five seconds, so we were both wrong.



And then it was on to the museum!  We perused the somewhat disappointing Asian art area, which was mostly pottery and sculpture (no prints!), then moved into European, which included a few rooms of my favorite impressionists.  They even had one of Monet's Water Lilies!  After that we moved into the Contemporary art section, where I got yelled at for getting too close to a painting (even though I really wasn't that close).  Oh well, it was probably the most exciting thing that happened to that guy all day.



(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment