Labels

Friday, October 10, 2014

And Let There Be Many Chapters

So way back in the age of Christmastime, Taylor gave us gift cards to a neat little family-owned bookstore.  Andrew and I finally cashed ours in yesterday, walking in from the rain to the clean and organized shop with little floorplan maps hanging around showing where certain genres were.  I immediately went to the art selection, followed by a brief perusing of science fiction, movies, and travel.  I ended up finding three books to add to my collection.  The first is a selection of works from four renowned maritime artists and their stories behind each painting.  As I've mentioned before, I am quite taken with boats and sails and ocean lore, so it is a perfect addition.  The second I found in the travel section, as it is an anthology of small paintings and stories of a person's trip to Italy.  And last, but not least, I zeroed in on a copy of The Silmarillion in the sci-fi area, which is the story of The First Age in J.R.R. Tolkein's Middle Earth (pre Hobbit and Lord of the Rings).  I can't wait to start reading!


(photo by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment