Labels

Monday, January 14, 2019

The Big Snow

Friday afternoon I met up with Mom for a late lunch at a Bread Co. located about eight miles away from my apartment.  We caught up on life and recent happenings over soup and coffee drinks, and watched the light snow that had begun falling.  When we left it had only been snowing for about an hour and a half, but the roads were already getting treacherous.


What would normally be a fifteen to twenty minute drive home took over an hour and a half!  That was nothing though compared to people that were stuck on certain roads for six hours or more.  Mom and I left at the perfect time because it could've taken me a lot longer, and luckily neither of us got into an accident.  I saw a few sliding mishaps on my journey, but nothing too scary.


Upon arriving home I immediately put on a pair of cozy pajamas and settled in to an evening of catching up on blogs and Pinterest board suggestion emails while watching the pretty snow fall.  That, and watching/taking snow update videos for our family group text.



I went out for the last update at 10pm and measured seven inches of snow!  There were a couple guys out shoveling all the sidewalks at my apartment throughout the night so I went for a little walk up to the road.  It had been plowed several times but you wouldn't know it from the picture.

On Saturday I woke up to a snowy marshmallow world and that lovely muffled quiet that only comes from a blanket of snow.  My boss made it to work to open the store but called and said I didn't have to come in unless I wanted to so, snow day for me!  I did go out to the parking lot around lunchtime to brush a layer off my car, and then later to shovel out the berm pushed up in front of it by the snowplow.  Seeing as how I had a broom instead of a shovel, it was quite a process.



I ended up driving to Mom and Dad's for some homemade soup.  At this point it was still snowing (and predicted to continue through midday Sunday), but the roads were okay, and worth it for delicious soupa!  I don't think we've gotten this much snow in a really long time, and it has been so fun to watch and experience.  I love how snow looks and bundling up all warm to go outside in the freezing cold is a cozy feeling.  I hope none of you had any travel problems and are also enjoying the beautiful winter white on everything!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment