Labels

Saturday, January 12, 2019

A Winter Wonderland Wedding

The last Friday in December was my old college friend, Megan's wedding.  The wedding was scheduled to start at five but since it was a Friday and a pretty good drive away into Illinois, I started getting ready fairly early.  First up was makeup.  I wear skin and eye makeup everyday but for special occasions such as this I wanted to spice it up a bit with sparkly, smokey eyeshadow, illuminating highlighter on my cheekbones, and extra of all my usuals.  The real feature though was going to be my hair. 

To make my look a little more winter appropriate, I planned to braid a velvet sash into my hair for a little Katniss Everdeen-meets-Blair Waldorf vibe.  Easier said than done; however, on the third try I got it right!


The wedding was lovely and Megan and Rion did this cool thing at the ceremony where after the procession out, they walked back up to the front and dismissed everybody by rows so they could briefly greet all of their guests, rather than having to go around doing just that at the reception.


After driving the thirty minutes to the reception hall, Hannah, Shelby, and I walked in to the lavish affair that was decked out with lights and winter greenery.  The Drury party was seated at Table 3, so we had a pretty good view of everything, and probably were served pretty early on as well. 


We headed straight to the open bar where Shelby got a Manhattan, I ordered a Tom Collins, which they didn't know how to make so it ended up being a vodka club soda with a twist, and Hannah got a soda (she's pregnant(!) so no drinks for her), and we sat back down to a variety of appetizers being served, followed by a three course meal, and then dessert!


Megan and Rion made a few remarks, toasts were made, and the cake was cut.  Shortly after, the dancing began and we only left the dance floor once to go cool off outside for a bit.


It was great to see a lot of old friends and sorority sisters, many of whom I haven't seen in several years.  Megan looked gorgeous and it was clear she was happy, in love, and enjoying her wedding.  It was definitely a night to remember and hopefully it won't be years before I see these friends again.


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment