Labels

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

I Have Spread My Dreams Under Your Feet

Happy 2019, everyone!  Did you have a good New Year's Eve?  I was asleep when the clock struck midnight, trying to rid myself of the nasty stomach flu that had taken over my last two days of the year.  I'm still taking it easy today but I think it's mostly gone.  I hope no one else I ran into over the weekend came down with it!


Did you all make any resolutions or goals for the new year?  I usually stay away from the hard-hitting, my-whole-life-will-be-fixed-overnight variety of resolution, so I thought about something little I could do to make my life more positive, and settled on trying to read more.  Ever since high school when we had to read and analyze novels within an inch of their paperback life, I've struggled to read books just for pleasure.  There have been a few here and there that I read to the final page (Chocolat, the Harry Potters, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Brave New World, and a few others), but that seems a rather small list for how many years have passed.  So, now my goal is out in the world and I must stick with it!  Anyone want to do a book club with me?

(photo by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment