Labels

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Explorez-Vous l'Univers Avec Moi?

A few weeks ago I started following several French fashion bloggers on Instagram, partly for their savvy French style, and partly to listen to their ramblings on Instagram stories.  I thought it would be a good way to brush up on my French.  I can still read it fairly well, and speak in basic, short sentences, but I always had issues understanding a French person speaking at their normal pace.  So far I've only been able to pick out a few words here and there, but I'm getting better at understanding the overall subject of the little videos.


And this last weekend, their normal day-to-day videos stopped because two very important things happened: Saturday was Bastille Day, and on Sunday the French team won the World Cup!  It was like a French national patriotism explosion on social media for two days.  Vive la France!!


(photos collected from instagram.com/marieandmood, instagram.com/junesixtyfive, and instagram.com/frenchwords)

No comments:

Post a Comment