Labels

Friday, January 5, 2018

Holiday in the Apartment

After a couple weeks worth of spending most of the evenings painting, I finished my grand Christmas Tree banner!  Remember Taylor's idea of adding some non-Christmas-y imagery to make it more me?  Well, I capitalized on that and had branches for all of my favorite nerd franchises.  There's Gandalf and Frodo leaving Bag End, the Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer Bumble putting the star on the tree, the animal conservatory behind my parent's house, the grandest Game of Thrones castle in the North, Winterfell, the Harry Potter Hogwarts Express chasing after the golden snitch, and Luke facing off against Darth Vader while the Millennium Falcon outruns a couple Tie Fighters in the background.


I had a lot of fun working on it and coming up with ideas and then converting them to match the overall style of the tree.  Doesn't it look great on the wall?!


The rest of my apartment got dressed up in the Christmas spirit as well.  And it snowed!  Taylor had to fulfill one of his tacked-on job requirements and go in to plow snow (on Christmas Eve, nonetheless), but it was so pretty and so nice to have a white Christmas.



(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment