Labels

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Summer Is Here and Here Is Summer

The next morning we ventured out once again, this time to Rosemary Beach.  I wanted to explore the European-like streets and alleyways, and Mom wanted to check out a few of the shops so we got there and, of course, got coffee first.




We sat outside, enjoying our lattes and breakfast treats when I noticed their sign board was Game of Thrones themed!  Coffee is here, indeed.

We parted ways and I wandered down across 30A to the oceanside part of town.






What a beautiful little town.  Like Seaside, Rosemary is a planned community, where all the houses follow a set of rules and style outlines so they all fit together and it looks amazing.  It simultaneously feels like you're walking through an ancient Spanish-Italian town and a really well-done movie set.  It's all in the details.



I saw several cute little doorway entrances, lots of flora and fauna, and quite a bit of construction, actually.  Being founded in 1995, I guess a lot of the homes need updates now and then.  Not to mention the wear and tear that vacationers (and the Florida weather) put on the properties.







One of my favorite houses was this beige colored one with a sunken doorway.  Want to guess why?  It reminded me of a Hobbit hole door!




I had so much fun walking around, although there wasn't a lot of breeze up beyond the boardwalk, so it made for a hot and sweaty morning.  Oh well, I got some great pictures so it was worth it!  I ran into Taylor when I was about finished with my loop so we wandered around a bit before heading back to meet up with everyone else.




(photos by e.hunt) 

1 comment: