Labels

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Two Years in the Waiting

For the last two years I have had the intention to invest in an new and improved laptop.  My vintage 2008 model has become like my child, but it was time to move on.  I think it stopped getting updates about three or four years ago.  I was also a little nervous it would one day decide to up and die and just not turn on when I opened it.  Oh, I have had nightmares of that actually happening!



So, I moved some monies around and was finally able to make the purchase!  Mom and I went to the Apple Store (on a Saturday; I know, we're crazy), and had a charming middle-aged woman help us out.  Taylor and I had previously discussed the model (13" Retina-screen Macbook Pro), and of course, I needed to buy Microsoft Office as well for its school-related value.  Then the other night I had a horrifying realization; Apple stopped including a disc drive on all of their laptops!  How was I going to watch my Lord of the Rings marathons every few months?!  So, I added a USB-connectable disc drive to the transaction as well.



After my student discount, the total turned out to be less than I was expecting, which is always nice, and we were in and out of the store within fifteen minutes.  As with all of their products, the packaging was almost as exciting as the computer itself, and now that I have it opened and turned on, I probably will not be doing anything else but set it up for the next few days.  So much excitement!!



(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment