Labels

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

For Still There Are So Many Things That I Have Never Seen

This post has had a bit of a delay, partly for some behind the scenes creative decisions going on.  I just recently came to a conclusion on these decisions, so, I will now post away.

A few weeks ago, Taylor and I spent the evening over at our Aunt's apartment.  We opened a few beers and proceeded to the basement where she has one of the most impressive book collections outside of an actual library.


I didn't spend too much time with any one book, just a quick flip-through to get the general gist of the content, and if it merited a more thorough review.  I found a few great photographs, collections of photographs, and some beautiful layout designs.  And then I found this one.


It is a massive book; I could barely pull it off the shelf!  I spent quite a bit of time looking through the pages of old maps and illustrations.  There was a lot of Latin, directional lines, some beautiful compass roses, and an abundance of exploration imagery.  Just look at Poseidon holding up that giant shell!






(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment