Labels

Thursday, May 4, 2023

So Be It, Jedi

 May the Fourth be with you, always.  And also with you!

As it is Star Wars day, let's look back at a little piece I did during Covid (a non-blogging year, as it were) as a one-year dating anniversary gift for Ethan.  I had made him little notes and cards before, but this was my first piece of art I made specifically for him.  It still sits on the windowsill in our dining room.


Nerdy topics like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings were some of the first things we connected over, so I knew something having to do with either series would be perfect.  I laid out the two canvases, listed important locations spanning the original (and best) Star Wars trilogy, made a quick sketch for each one, penciled it out on the canvas, then water-colored away.  I had been wanting to work on my watercolor skills and this proved the perfect opportunity.


And here it is, still in it's spot on the sill, almost three years later.  When the light hits it just so, we think it kindof looks like an old film strip, no?


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment