Labels

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Rosemary: Beach Side

The next day followed suit with more clouds, more rain, and more exploring of local beach towns.  This time we headed East to Rosemary Beach, the European-looking planned community.  Mom dropped me off before heading off to another area for some shopping, and I started my trek along the front left quadrant.





It was quite beautiful in the dreary grey: water dripping off low tree branches and puddling in worn areas of the sidewalk.  The hazy cloudiness really brought out the neutral color-scheme of the buildings.




I particularly enjoyed the little alleyways in between streets, with their close walls and foliage spilling out of trellises overhead.





I love how everything is very "grown-in" looking.  The little town was started in 1995 and the trees and plantings are now very much established, adding to the old European countryside village vibe.


There weren't too many people out and about due to the watery conditions, but I did run across some small-scale inhabitants.  The little lizard guy on the left stopped to show off his orange dragon beard, and I saw several of these monster spiders in their intricate webs hanging between buildings or tree limbs.


I even found a nice, viney wall for some outfit pics!  I propped up my phone on the opposite low alleyway wall and self-timered away!  Good thing I decided to bring one of my rain hats on this trip, because it sure did come in handy for these two exploring days.





(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment