Labels

Friday, September 14, 2018

Pre-Fall

It is now mid September, meaning we're having those last few weeks of ninety degree hotness intermixed with rainy outbursts and the couple of cooler days that follow.  I'm ready to break out my collection of light jackets and ankle boots, but still trying to savor that end-of-summer feeling of lightness and opportunity.

Over at the old homestead, the bunnies have returned!  I've been going over for dinner my usual two or three times a week and most of the time, a bunny or two will hop out to graze under the bird feeder.



One night I documented the making of our favorite summertime cocktail, Vodka Pellegrino and Lime.  The glasses look exquisite with the evening light coming through the lace kitchen curtains.  Oh, those shadows!






I was off work on Labor Day and took advantage by meeting up with the fam at Kaldi's where we sat outside and I enjoyed a mocha (with an extra shot of espresso, of course) and my first slice of pumpkin bread of the season.



Later that week, Taylor, his old friend Elise, and I went to old Webster to check out this place called the Frisco Barroom.



It was huge, with a nice, old time-y quality, and because it was a Wednesday it wasn't crowded at all.  We had our pick of the spots: inside room with the bar, inside dining room area, downstairs outside courtyard, upstairs living room-like area, and upstairs outdoor patio.  We chose the last option and had a lovely evening sitting under the light strands and watching the quiet street happenings below.  It would be fun to go back on a weekend when it's a little more hoppin', and when it's at those cooler Fall temperatures I mentioned earlier.



(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment