Labels

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Geek Out

About two months ago one of my old college friends invited me to a Halloween party at her house.  The party is next weekend but because she made the event so far in advance, I'm thinking that people are going all out with their costumes.  I've been brainstorming ideas, most of whom had to do with my favorite fantasy series (Leia from Star Wars, Sansa or a direwolf from Game of Thrones, Boromir from Lord of the Rings, etc.), but time went by and I didn't make a decision early enough to make a good costume for any of those.  Luckily, I already have a costume in the reserves that I figured I could tweak enough to make it look new and different.  Remember two years ago when I dressed as Link from The Legend of Zelda?



This year I'm altering the costume a bit and going as Dark Link, which involves wearing black clothes instead of green, some red eye makeup, and a little facelift for the accessories.  I've spent the last couple nights painting the shield so it's more befitting of Link's darker alter ego.



It'll be a fun night.  And speaking of my geek interests, one of my work buddies found a Lord of the Rings sign board asking if customer's had already had their "second breakfast" yet and I just had to draw up a version on our sign board.  "I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."


(photos by r.hunt, e.hunt, and collected from youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment