Labels

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Live in the Sun and Drink the Wild Air

Home for the weekend, and what a delightful weekend it's been so far.  I left straight from work on Friday, and listed to my new, specially-made playlist.  It was a mix of high-school throw-backs, classics, and some recent radio favorites (check out Arctic Monkey's Do I Wanna Know?, it's amazing).  And thanks to Daylight Savings last weekend, it was still light for a good percentage of the trip, making for some pretty majestic views.


On Saturday, Taylor, who's home from school for spring break, and I joined Mom and Dad up at Kaldis for a morning wake-up cup of coffee.  I ordered a small, not realizing that it would come in the size of a dixie cup.  It didn't make it any less delicious though!



Later that day, Taylor and I worked on my piano bench coffee table.  Dad had sanded down the top for a fresh coat of stain, and happened to have a stain that matched the rest of it almost perfectly.  Taylor taped up the sides and I stained away.



Today I met up with my old friend Allison for a catch-up lunch at a place called Crushed Red, a bright and crisply clean fast-ish food place.  This pizza hit the spot on this snowy day.  Yes, it was 65 degrees out yesterday, and today it is snowing.  So it goes here in the stl.


You know what the best part is though?  I still have another day before heading back to Nashville.

(photos by e.hunt, and t.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment