Labels

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Opposite of a Pirate

The other night I was watching the The Pirates of the Caribbean Special Features disc.  Side note: I find that I interchange the pronunciation between Care-i-be-an and Carrib-e-an.  Am I the only one who does this?  Anyway, the wardrobe section came on and I perked up, loving the old Victorian textures and pirate-y layers and belts and hats and whatnot.  The best part came when the guy who plays Norrington (the stuffy, military commodore who Elizabeth totally uses and is kindof a bitch to) says in his delightfully British accent, "I remember the first day I came into the fittings and stuff and I saw a picture of Johnny with his bandana and his dreadlocks and I'm like, 'Oh Christ, I look like an...an ice cream!  And these guys just look so cool."  An ice cream?! Such an absurd way to describe yourself!  I laughed out loud at this for like three minutes, then had to back up the video so I could hear the parts I missed because I was laughing so loud.  Oh man, I really need to get a life.




Fun Pirate Fact 1:  The tattered skeleton's clothes were made by throwing them in a big cement mixer with a bunch of bricks and flipping the on switch.  


Fun Pirate Fact 2:  The white stick thing in Jack Sparrow's hair is actually a reindeer bone.  Unlike most of the guns and props in the movie, his pistol is not a replica.  It is part of a pair made by an English chap in the 1700s.


(photos collected from googleimages)

No comments:

Post a Comment