Labels

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Modern Thought Can Get the Best of You

This is a Pinterest idea I tried out to bring a little more light into my cave room.  I was really needing some in my getting-ready corner and I had an extra strand of white lights laying around.  It needed to be condensed over that area though, instead of just hanging along the perimeter, so when I saw this picture


I thought it would be perfect, all glowy and suspended in a perfect circle.  The challenge turned out to be finding somewhere that sells hula hoops.  Hint: don't go to dollar stores, Target, Wal-mart, Walgreens, or the seasonal section at the grocery store.  And this was in the middle of July, prime summertime hula hooping season!  I had to venture out to Toys R Us, where they only had three different color choices: obnoxious orange, pesky pink, and goblin green (and yes, these were the official names).  I went with the orange, as I thought it would be the easiest one to blend in to the rest of my decor.


But no.  It does the practical task of lighting the area quite well, but it draws unnecessary attention and looks nothing like the ethereal, subtle, blurry twinkle lights that pinterest was advertising.  It could be worse though, and I guess it hasn't really bothered me enough that I've taken it down yet.  So you win Pinterest, you win.

(photos collected from pinterest, and by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment