Labels

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

City of the North

A week from yesterday Mom and I will board a plane headed north to Canada!!  In thinking about the future, I've realized that while I am settled here in St. Louis for right now, I don't necessarily want to stay here forever.  I've always had a dream of one day living in Paris, or somewhere abroad, but have never worked towards that for two reasons.  One, it's so far away!  No long weekends back home if it's an expensive eight hour flight each way.  Two, I don't have someone to move there with.  I know myself and I know that it takes me a long time to make friends.  That, combined with the language barrier (I do speak basic French, but am by no means even close to fluent), would make for a lonely lifestyle.


Enter Montreal.  It is the second largest French-speaking city in the world, it has a lot of very old architecture and character, and it's a much more feasible distance from home.  Also, how cool would it be to live in Canada?!

I told Mom of this potential future living location and, travel agent that she is, she hopped online and booked us a couple flights to go check it out over her spring break.  Excited to cross off another country with my favorite travel buddy!


(photos collected from instagram.com/best_montreal_photos via instagram.com/kgtones, instagram.com/best_montreal_photos via instagram.com/karl_gendron, instagram.com/best_montreal_photos via instagram.com/mtlthroughthelens, and by e.hunt)

1 comment: