Labels

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Winter Wedding Reunion

One of my good college friends, Megan, is getting married at the end of the month.  I just found out that she invited a lot of the old sorority group, so it is going to be a grand old time of celebrating love and reminiscing fondly on our college days.  Not only is it my first winter wedding, but my first formal wedding as well.  I planned on finding a great dress or jumpsuit to order on Black Friday for the discounts.  After a little research on what formal attire actually means (in between cocktail and black tie, if you were wondering), the search party began at my favorite dress sites like Nordstrom, Asos, and Lulu's.

I started by zeroing in on black and navy maxi dresses and jumpsuits.  And to fit with the winter atmosphere, pieces with a little sequin, velvet, or lace embellishment stood out.


Like usual, I was drawn to the rich, jewel-tone shades with a bit of structure, and a longer sleeve length was mandatory.  I stayed away from pattern except for this high-neck floral and sequin midi, which I don't think I would ever actually wear, but I like it all the same.


I came across a few wine red options as well.  I love that the mesh sleeves and delicate lace details tone down the harsher color.


And then a few days later I realized I already own the perfect dress!  It was my backup dress for Andrew and Juliana's summer wedding that was put away in the back of my closet.  It will be perfect with a pretty braided hairstyle, a sparkly clutch, and a classic pair of heels.  Now I just need to figure out a gift for the bride and groom!


(photos collected from asos, lulus, and tobi, and by e.hunt)

2 comments: