Labels

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Oh, Those Coquettish Leaves

Good afternoon and happy Saturday!  Even though it feels like summer outside (low 90s, what?!), it certainly is starting to look more like Autumn, what with the tree leaves starting to turn and it getting dark outside around 7pm.  I've spent the morning drinking coffee at my spot by the window watching the pumpkin tent being stocked next door.  It would be more festive if the church member volunteers were wearing scarves and light jackets instead of jogging shorts and tees, but what can you do?


After ten days in a row of working, I was off yesterday and today.  It's that time of year when people are getting sick so I'm building up the coworker goodwill; when the fateful day comes that I get sick and need a day, hopefully someone will step up to help out.  Oh, the politics of hourly retail work.


Last Saturday was National Coffee Day.  I was at work, of course, but I didn't have to be in until 11am.  I was greeted with a line out the door, literally, and a mess of things behind the counter.  Apparently, everyone and their dog was out celebrating National Coffee Day!  Catching up was rough, but we made it through.  And it was my first day as a black belt in the order of the coffee masters!



(photos by e.hunt)

1 comment: