Labels

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

To Know Beauty One Can and Cannot See

Happy August, everyone!  We are here at the beach and in the midst of the first rainy day of the trip, which is pretty good considering it was supposed to rain the whole week!  I'm getting ahead of myself, though.

A week ago I was working every day and getting ready to leave.  I was on Bar, making drinks one day when I free-poured a latte into a wave!  I must have been subconsciously already on vacation!


I also got to chalk up a new a-frame sign: this time I didn't have any particular drink or event to promote so I did a general, typography-centered design.  I think it turned out pretty good for being a draw-as-you-go project.


Last Thursday, after work and a short nap, I packed up my suitcase and headed over to the house.  I pulled in the driveway to a most beautiful sunset, complete with an array of soft colors and little clouds setting off what was left of the sunlight.  We were planning to leave at 6am the following morning so it was easier for me to spend the night there rather than waking up super early at my apartment and then driving over.  This way we could pack up the car the night before as well.  


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment