Labels

Monday, September 11, 2017

Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie, All Not Ready, Holler 'I'!

Here we are at another Monday, and a beautiful Monday it is!  Take a few minutes today to remember the September 11th attacks that happened sixteen years ago today.  It's one of those few infamous events that anyone who was alive that day remembers where they were and how they found out about it.  I was in sixth grade; not quite old enough to really comprehend what was happening, but I knew it was horrific and would effect everybody in some way.


I hope you had a lovely weekend.  I worked both days, as usual, but Uncle Paul was in town so we all went to this new Mexican restaurant for dinner, Rosalita's.  The place had a cool, modern, Spanish courtyard look, but it was a bit of a drive, and the food was only so-so.  I think in the future we'll stick to our usual, walkable Amigo's for Mexican.

Last night Dad and Taylor barbecued delicious meats and veggies.  We've had beautiful weather the last week: high 70s/low 80s.  I even needed to wear a jacket on my early work mornings!




When I got home I went on a little baking spree.  Dad's birthday is today so I whipped up a little something for that, and while the oven was preheated, I made another batch of pumpkin muffins!  I had one this morning, sitting at my usual spot in the window, and sipped a cup of Anniversary Blend coffee.  A perfect Fall morning.


I have a few errands to run this afternoon and then I will head home for another marvelous meal and birthday festivities.  Happy Birthday, Dad!

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment