Labels

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Here's to the Happy Couple

Yesterday afternoon I borrowed my roommate's watercolor set and whipped up a little interpretation of Puerto Vallarta.  Some friends were getting married last night and as they are going to PV on their honeymoon, I thought it would be the perfect subject for their wedding card.  I hadn't used watercolors in many, many years, but it was really fun to experiment with the colors and washes.



After that I jumped in the shower and started getting ready.  I wore a dress that I got in Greece with a belt and my new heels.  A little more makeup than usual, and a fancy side-bun (that I got right on the first try!) finished off the look.  My apologies for the mirror selfie format, I didn't have time to set up the camera.


It started raining about ten minutes before the wedding was about to start, which was sad because they had planned to have the ceremony outside.  No worries, though; the festivities were just postponed for a bit while things were being set up inside.  It was absolutely lovely.


After the ceremony it stopped raining so everybody moved on outside to the backyard, which was set up beautifully, and had the perfect wedding atmosphere.  Food and drink and good company were enjoyed by all well into the night.  Congratulations to Mark and Jordan!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment