Labels

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Wind Under Your Wings

Today is the first day of a mini vacation I took from work.  I actually only asked off the weekend, but my boss forgot about my request and scheduled me Saturday and Sunday, but is honoring it anyway.  So, not only do I have my original off days of today and tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday too!!  I've decided that every other month or so I am going to request a weekend off work.  I may just have it be relaxing me-time like this weekend, or I may take little trips to Kansas City or Springfield.  I don't really know how this happened, but there's only a handful of us that have availability on weekends so we end up working eight-hour shifts every weekend.  And as much as I don't think that's really fair, I've decided to compromise and came up with this solution.  Side note, I recently found out that I've been earning paid vacation hours since I've worked for Starbucks for more than a year -- Woohoo more money!  Ahhh, some days I get really frustrated with my job, but other days I really love it.


I have a few things planned for my days off: laundry, a trip to the mall, possibly doing a closet clean-out, an art project or two, and catching up with my college roommate, Kaitlin.  I may go down to the Women's March on St. Louis on Saturday, but I haven't decided yet.


The ice from last weekend has all melted and since the weather is a little warmer, we've gotten quite a bit of rain.  Although rain is easier to handle, I'm wishing it was ice or snow.  We get rain all the rest of the year, why can't we have some snow when it's Winter?!


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment